What information do we collect?
GoTen believes that it is important for you to know what types of information we collect when you use our site. We employ various methods for collecting information. We accept and save any information that you have provided to us on our website or in any other way. You can choose not to provide some information, but it may make you unable to use many of the special services of the site. The reason why we use the information you provide is to respond to your requirements, to provide you with better service, to improve our website and to communicate with you.
We use “cookies” that are needed to compile and aggregate non-personally identifiable information about the visitors to our website. Non-personally identifiable information most often consists of things such as your search preferences, the types of products you have bought, how many times you have visited a particular web site, etc. This type of information is usually associated with a particular computer or IP address, but not with a particular person. “Cookies” are pieces of information generated by a Web server and stored in the user’s computer, ready for future access. Each time you access our web site our server finds the relevant cookie on your computer.
Where relevant, we also collect personally identifiable information, which consists of information that is unique to you, such as credit card numbers, bank accounts, social security numbers, home address, email address and so on. This is the type of information that most people consider private and deem the most important to protect from unauthorized access.
Why do we collect this information?
We use this information in order to serve the needs of our customers. We need to know who you are in order to verify your credit card or other payment information you have sent us. We collect several pieces of personal information from you in order to complete this verification process. The non-personal information that we collect from you is used in order to offer you better service and to make your experience with our site more enjoyable. Any information that we may inadvertently collect from you that does not serve one of these reasons stated above is immediately purged from our system.
How do we protect your information?
At the technique level, we use the latest in encryption technology to ensure that any sensitive information that you send to us via the Internet is protected from unauthorized interception. We employ the latest in firewall protection to prevent unauthorized access into our information storage areas. In the organizational structure level of the company, we maintain a rigorous hiring process to screen out potential employees with criminal backgrounds. All employees that we do hire have to sign a confidentiality agreement that forbids them from disclosing any information to which the employee has access, to other individuals or entities. When an employee is terminated or is no longer with the company, we will take measures to prevent employees who do not work in the company from visiting any customer. Once an account has been terminated, measures are taken to permanently remove those users from the system who no longer need access to our system.
Who has access to my information?
Only those employees whom are responsible for handling your account have access to your information. Additionally, employees in our technical department may have access to your information in order to conduct routine checks on the integrity of our system and in order to perform necessary maintenance work. In order to process your credit card we have to consult with an outside credit card processing company. These processing companies are regulated by the banking industry and must meet certain security requirements in order to be in business. The processing companies will have access to your credit card information, billing address, name, and possibly your telephone number. Additionally, judicial requests by a duly authorized court will require us to divulge certain information regarding your account should that situation arise. Finally, should our company ever be bought or sold, your account information would then become the property of the new owner/entity.
Can I correct or remove information from your site?
You always have the option to view your account to make sure the information we have collected from you is correct. You also have the option of removing any information from your account that you wish to keep private. However, please be noted that removing certain information such as your email address, contact information, and the like may greatly hinder our ability to effectively provide the service or products you have requested.
How We Collect, Use, and Share Your Personal Information?
1. Under normal circumstances, we will not share your personal information with other companies, organizations and individuals, except in the following cases:
① Obtain your explicit consent or authorization in advance;
② It is mandatory in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, legal procedures, mandatory administrative or judicial requirements;
④ Only by sharing your personal information can we realize the core functions of our services or provide the services you need;
⑤ Dealing with disputes between you and others in response to your needs;
⑥ Comply with the content provided in the relevant agreement signed with you (including the e-agreement signed online and the corresponding rules of the GoTen platform) or other legal documents;
⑦ Use based on academic research;
⑧ Use in accordance with the social public interest in compliance with laws and regulations.
00001. 2.Sharing in the case of your active choice: You purchase goods or services through GoTen.com, and you agree that we will share the necessary information related to the transaction to the provision of related goods or services based on your choice in order to fulfill your transaction and after-sales service needs.
Currently, our authorized partners include the following types:
(1) The third-party payment institution;
(2) The third-party risk control company;
(3) The third-party service agency with real-name verification;
(4) Logistics service provider;
(5) Commodity supplier.
We will not transfer your personal information to any company, organization or individual, except in the following cases:
1. Transfer with explicit consent: After obtaining your explicit consent, we will transfer your personal information to other parties;
(3) Public Disclosure
We will only publicly disclose your personal information under the following cases:
1. With your explicit consent or based on your active choice, we may publicly disclose your personal information;
2. If we determine that you have violated laws and regulations or seriously violated related agreements and rules of GoTen.com, to protect the personal and property safety of GoTen.com users or the public from infringement, we may be in accordance with laws and regulations, or obtain your consent to disclose your personal information, including related violations and measures that GoTen.com has taken against you.
(4) Exceptions for obtaining prior authorization and consent when sharing, transferring, and publicly disclosing personal information
In the following situations, sharing, transferring, and publicly disclosing your personal information does not require your prior authorization and consent:
1. Related to national security and national defense security;
2. Related to public safety, public health, and major public interests;
3. Related to judicial or administrative law enforcement such as criminal investigation, prosecution, trial, and execution of judgments;
4. In order to protect your or other individuals' life, property and other major legal rights and interests, but it is difficult to obtain your consent;
5. Your personal information disclosed to the public on your own;
6. Collect personal information from legally publicly disclosed information, such as legal news reports, government information disclosure and other channels.
Can I opt out of having certain information collected?
You have the option of disabling your computer’s ability to accept or transmit cookies. This will prevent us from gathering certain non-personally identifiable information from you. You also have the option of removing yourself from any email distribution list that you may have signed up for.